Monday, November 17, 2008

Love your earrings, baby

I am not so much a morning person. I mean, I can have a conversation with my roommates, put on matching socks, and walk the 6 blocks to the subway, but I really would prefer that no one talk to me until I have had at least one cup of coffee and some frosted mini-wheats. That being said, the conversation I witnessed this morning on the 6 train terrified me. A girl was standing in front of me wearing a black leather jacket and large gold earrings with blue detailing. At the 33rd Street stop a guy got on the train, gave her the once over and said in a thick Bronx accent, "So, you live in the Bronx?" Echoing his accent she annoyedly answered, "Uh, yes."

"Nice. Love your earrings, baby."

How dare he attempt flirting before 9 am! I can't even open my left eye that early let alone think about trying to turn on the opposite sex. Maybe that is my problem. Perhaps I should start taking espresso shots before I leave the house and see if my love life takes a turn for the better.

No comments: