But I value this friendship, so I'm not going to do that. And since it is the Holidays, and season of cheesy Let Me Update You On My Life Letters, I thought I should join suit...
December 9, 2012
Dear Beautiful Readers,
Happy Holidays! As I sit writing this note, the snow is gently falling and the ice is melting in my 200 year old Scotch. I hope you enjoyed the homemade picture collage of my cats included on the opposite side of this letter.
I can't believe we haven't spoken since August 2009. So much has happened. I still live in the same apartment, have the same job, still eat take out from Raj Mahal....hmmm. Ok, back to that so much happening part.
I stopped writing you a few years back because I fell head over heels for a dude and stopped my First Date antics for sometime. We've since gone our separate ways, but in the past three years I did learn a few things about relationships, life and other things:
- That a long distance relationship will make you do crazy, stupid things like open an Amtrak rewards credit card and take regular trips to a cultural desert 4 hours south of New York.
- That no matter who breaks up with whom, break-ups suck.
- That donating your ex-boyfriends t-shirts and underwear he left at your apartment to the Bowery Mission Shelter and seeing a homeless man wearing them on Rivington Street is actually much more satisfying than any homicide-suicide fantasies in your head.
- That technology has completely changed dating and I have nostalgia for the land-line days of 1997.
- That I am extremely jealous of my friends who have Richard Scarry jobs and I'm still not exactly sure what it means to be a digital strategist.
- That bagels in New York are superior to those in all other cities [Sorry, not sorry, Montreal].
You stay classy, Planet Earth.