Saturday, June 27, 2009

Hola!

Happy Summer! After a long reprieve, I'm back. This does not mean I have picked up a boyfriend or anything as crazy as that - puh lease. However, I did move! Quiet a production. I have moved up in the world. I'm in a doorman/elevator building. My doorman's name is Jose, my super's name is Jose, and then the other two guys that work in the building are named Marco. Either this is a very strange coincidence or they are lying to me because they think I'm a silly gringa.

Anyways, thank goodness for summer - but not this rain! It has literally (according to weather.com) rained in New York every day in June except for 4 delightfully days. Regardless, its warm and people are out and about. Including me.

A couple Saturday mornings ago I was idling on Broadway in front of Dean and Deluca, aimlessly waiting for a friend, when all of a sudden I look up and see Vig Bar Boy walking towards me with a girl on his arm! I immediately looked down and pretending to be texting someone. After they crossed and were walking west I attempted to follow them like a crazy person and I think I saw them walk in the Apple store. Totally a couple thing to do...

"It could have been his sister..." I told my friend D. Her look told me no one's sister walks arm and arm with them on a Saturday morning to the Apple store.

Needless to say I have still received numerous 2 am texts from Vig Bar Boy within the past few weeks, none of which have come to any fruition. Not his sister? Or maybe he is an ass. Maybe if he would ever ask me on a G.D. date I would change my mind about that.

I also lied awhile back when I said I got off OkCupid. I didn't. I'm still on it. My sister actually met this guy she ended up liking off OkCupid, so I have decided to give it another go. "Giving it another go" meaning responding to the 3 messages in my inbox and updating my picture. Honestly, I think I'm just not good online. Some people's humor seems to translate very well through their profiles (maybe I checked out a couple girl's profiles too for research on this area) and mine is totally vanilla feeling.

My friend at work also told me today she has a high school friend that runs the Genius Bar at the Apple store. I don't know how I feel about this but the first blind-ish date I ever went on was in college and was with a guy that worked at the Apple store. Maybe it's fate.

No comments: