Monday, March 16, 2009

Don't settle

I was lucky enough to see all my college friends this past weekend. I had a conversation recently with Elaine* about how in our respective groups of college friends, we are the only single ones. This is when I use the excuse ‘I live in New York – dating is tough here,’ even though that kinda depresses me because in college I used similar rational for not having a boyfriend that ‘the ratio of girls to guys at this school is really bad – dating is tough here.’

Anyways, while it is easy to get discouraged about not having a boyfriend when everyone else does, spending time around all my best friends and their great boyfriends makes me remember I don’t want to settle for some loser boyfriend when I can have a potentially great guy like one of them. I try to remember this when I think maybe getting back together with my ex would be a convenient and interesting idea. I told my co-worker this and he told me I was too young to move backwards. Well said.

On an interesting note, I received a text from Vig Bar boy on Saturday night saying, “word on the street was” I was at Vig Bar. I have not seen this guy except for an awkward run in at Village Tavern like a month ago in which I plainly avoided him except for to say ‘hi’ on my way out. I texted him back Saturday, obvi, and told him word on the street was wrong, I was not at Vig Bar…but maybe I would be this weekend. Te he.

1 comment:

Dating 2.0 said...

First Date,

I've been a fan of your blog for quite sometime now, and started my own with some friends about the juxtaposition of technology and romance in this crazy world we live in. Come Check us out:

http://loveinawebworld.blogspot.com/

Happy Dating,

James